Saturday, May 12, 2012

Angela Townsend: Journey of Amarok and Zombies




If you were to ask me, what was the most exciting event of my writing career, I would tell you it was getting the call. Although it actually started with an email and then a phone call.
I came home after a very long day to find an email message from my super-agent, Jill Corcoran. It said I had an offer from Spencer Hill Press. I can honestly say for a fraction of a millisecond, I felt like it just couldn’t be real. So many, many emotions poured over me I couldn’t even think straight.
Gathering myself together, I immediately called my agent Jill. The first thing I wanted to do was to thank her for not letting me give up when I wanted to toss in the towel, for cheering me on and for giving me advice on how to make my manuscript stronger.
Jill Corcoran is truly an amazing agent who rolls up her sleeves and fights hard for her clients. Thank you Jill!
The next few weeks were like a whirlwind. Working with Spencer Hill Press was an awesome experience. I learned so much in the following weeks.
Kate Kaynak, editor in chief of Spencer Hill press, is an absolute genius in the publishing field. She assigned me the fabulous Kendra Saunders as head of marketing for Amarok. Kendra not only provides awesome marketing feedback for Amarok, but she is a positive person filled with encouragement and endless energy for my project.   
After all the blood, sweat and tears and then more tears…My novel Amarok will be in print, November 2012!   
Anyone interested in Amarok Swag? Please email Angela with your snail-mail address and email I’d be glad to send you some.
***
On May 15th, please tune in to my Zombie Radio broadcast. Here is a little more on the program:
Zombie movies have always been a hit, but in the last 10 years they have multiplied. And it's not just TV. Zombies are taking over the television, books, and even ambling down our streets. (Has your town hosted a Zombie walk yet?)
Join us as the Geek Chicks and a special guest host to talk about everything ZOMBIE! It will be a blast. Find out more information HERE.

8 comments:

LinWash said...

Congrats to you on the upcoming publication of your novel! Would love to learn more about your novel!!! lwashin301(at)comcast(dot)net

Angela Townsend said...

Thanks Linwash! :) Anyone interested in Amarok Swag please Email me at Celticmoonbooks@gmail.com and give me your address I have cool items to share!

Katrina L. Lantz said...

I just love that cover! Can't wait to see the final product, Ang!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! I look forward to reading it. Brenda Wilhite

Traci Kenworth said...

Wonderful, inspirational story!! I'm sure I'll feel the same. Congratulations!!

Beth Overmyer said...

Woot-woot!

Angela Townsend said...

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words!

hockeymom said...

You deserve amazing!! Way to go!