Saturday, May 24, 2014

River Of Bones--Movie Announcement and More!

The last few months have been amazing for me. I have a movie deal in the works. I am trademarking a Soda Pop (featured in the movie script) and so much more. I can't go into a lot of detail about negotiations-but I can tell you that it has been a long hard journey through publication to where I stand today.

I want every struggling author to know that its worth the effort. Its worth the tears. Its worth the heartache---and most of all--Its worth your time. I truly believe that if you feed your soul with what you love to do that your dreams will come true eventually.

A lot of people have asked me for advice on how to get a great deal when it comes to turning your novel into a film. To me, the answer is simple--you must first have a great script. If you aren't a script writer, then hire the best you can find. Get someone with experience. Never settle for second best. And while shopping the script you must find a director that is top in his or her field--don't settle for  someone with no sales or history in the film industry. Don't settle for someone who is a hobbyist with no studio connections or large corporate sponsors.

Another question I get asked a lot is this: Could an author produce their own movie?
I am a big believer in trying--I would never in a million years try to produce or pay for my own film. Don't get me wrong--I really respect and admire those that do their own filming and are successful at it, but for me I wanted the highest quality for River of Bones. I knew I could never have enough funds or experience to get the job done.

If negotiations go as planned we are set to start production this September--and I promise to keep you all posted. :)

Thank you again for your love and support! I have really appreciated all your comments, letters and words of encouragement!

If you are looking for a copy of River of Bones its on sale for the next few hours!
 http://www.amazon.com/River-Bones-Angela-J-Townsend/dp/1940534267/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400952243&sr=8-1&keywords=river+of+bones

5 comments:

Kell Andrews said...

Congrats, Angela! This is so excting!

Angela Townsend said...

Thank you Kelly!

Toni Kerr said...

Woo Hoo! River of Bones will make a fabulous movie! :-)

Leandra Wallace said...

Awesome news! Congrats! Next to getting a book published and making the NYT bestselling list, having a movie come of it is my next item on the list. Gotta dream big, right? ;)

Resonant Brain said...

Kids will copy what they see in movies, without being able to consider what it actually means. Movies created a way of life that filtered through the youth of the nation and actually stuck for quite awhile.
best horror movies