Sunday, December 7, 2014

LIst Season

Santa's making a list and checking it twice. Kids have lists of what the toys and gifts they're wishing for. Grownups have their shopping lists and long tallies of "to do."

And every critic, blogger, and publication has a year-end list of the books that are best, most notable, most this that or other.

I'm not on those lists.

It's hard not to look at the names on the "best of" and wish I saw my book there. It's hard not to regret a little, to be a little jealous, even complain a little.

But that's OK. It's List Season, and I have lists of my own.

The books I've read.

The words I've written.

The stories I've sold.

The readers I've reached.

The agent, editors, and publicist who have stood by me.

The writers and bloggers who have supported my writing.

The librarians, reviewers, and booksellers who have supported my book.

The friends and family who have supported my everything.

The people I love.

Hey look! I just made another list. If I start feeling left out, I'll read that one again instead.

Thanks to all the friends of Operation Awesome for another wonderful year on the blog -- I'd list you too but it would be too long.


1 comment:

Jessica L. Brooks (coffeelvnmom) said...

Awww.... hugs to you, Kell. And here's to an amazingly blessed and FULL of good lists!!!!!