Sunday, September 27, 2015

Flash Fiction Contest Updates

Based on feedback, I've made some updates to the flash fiction contest:
  • We now have a hashtag: #OAFlash. Yay! Use it to encourage your friends to join in the fun or to share the awesome winning story.
  • I will use the hashtag on the Mondays before the contest opens to tweet out that week's prompt. You can follow me on Twitter to find out what it is. The contest will still open at 6 a.m. Eastern on Fridays and close at 3 a.m. Eastern on Sundays.
  • The winner's post will always go live at 10 p.m. Eastern on the Sunday when the contest closes.
  • Awesome Operatives may join in the fun from time to time (Kara Reynolds joined last week, for instance), but fear not, they're not eligible to win.
  • I'll modify the first contest prompt with updated rules (unless and until I make a whole new Rules-only post). I'll include a link to it in each contest, so new folks can check it out. I'll mark updates in red bold so as not to make the regulars read the whole thing again.
Any other suggestions or questions? Post 'em here.

No comments: