Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday Museday takes a dare

Well, it's the last week of NaNoWriMo. Have you hit the slump yet? Some days getting to my target word count feels like flying, and others it's more like trying to swim in a molasses pool.
When I reached the molasses stage during my first NaNoWriMo, I took a trip to the Sprints and Dares forum. People had all kinds of fun ideas for crazy things that could happen in your work, or a funny line that you should try to work in. I spent one night incorporating all these ideas into my novel, plus some that my Facebook friends offered. I shared some of them on my personal blog, if you're interested: NaNoWriMo Dares.
Here's a dare for you: Find a way to work in the phrase "Hashtag things I never thought I'd have to say."

And here's the link to the NaNoWriMo forum if you're interested: Word Wars, Prompts, & Sprints.

If you need a fresh set of eyes on your query and you'd like a critique, leave a message in the comments. Samantha will pick someone for a query critique! I'll resume my duties next month.

1 comment:

Jennifer Kay said...

I'd love a query critique!