Confession: I love lists.
So New Year's Resolutions? They are definitely in my top-five list of Best Lists Ever.
But since I've already covered New Year's Resolutions on my personal writing blog, here I'm going to post a list of things I'm looking forward to in 2011.
The Awesome of 2011 (in advance)
1. The second annual WriteOnCon kidlit writer's conference. (Online and free. It just doesn't get better than that!)
2. The LDS Storymaker's conference. Elana Johnson will be there talking queries. Also, Storyfix's Larry Brooks and two amazing agents, Sara Crowe and Sara Megibow. With two little kids, it's going to be tricky, but I'm really hoping to attend this one.
3. Operation Awesome's own Michelle McLean has a book coming out in January 2011. Homework Helpers: Essays and Term Papers kick starts the year with some pure awesome! She'll have some games and prizes on her blog very soon.
4. I hesitate to list a few for fear of leaving a million other great ones out, but what the heck! POSSESSION, ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, and SCORE are all YA debut novels coming out in 2011! (Please list ones I've missed in the comments so we can get excited about them as well.)
5. Another amazing year of interviews, writing tips, commiseration, and Mystery Agent goodness at Operation Awesome.
How about you? What's got you squee-ing for the New Year?