Friday, May 22, 2020

So Long! Thank you!

Hey, everyone,


For those of you who haven't met me, my name is Nathaniel and I ran Query Friday and Flash Fiction Friday here on OA for almost two years now. I have been reading all of your work and have hopefully given you some useful feedback. I have too much respect for all of you to leave without saying goodbye. Due to medical issues, I have decided to resign because you all deserve consistent, quality content. I truly enjoyed working with you all.

To prove it, I have written a poem as a parting gift. It is a Filipino form called a tanaga, which consists of four lines, seven syllables per line and an AAAA rhyme scheme. They're super easy to write if you ever want to try it. But here goes:


Reading queries has been fun

I'm sad that my job is done

Flash fiction ideas run

Against self-doubt, you have won


Thank you all so much for your support, dedication and talent. I believe in each and every one of you and wish you nothing but the best in your creative journeys.

-Nathaniel

1 comment: