I am thrilled to have Operation Awesome be part of the blog tour for STUNG, written by the incredibly talented Bethany Wiggins (who also happens to be a very good friend of mine so I am triply thrilled!).
While I love a lot of books, I don't often completely gush over them. But this one is a gusher. I feel the same way about STUNG as I did when I read The Hunger Games and Divergent. It's THAT good.
Operation Awesome is hosting two stops for this tour, today and tomorrow. Tomorrow, Katrina will have an awesome interview with Bethany along with an excerpt of the book.
Today, we have Bethany's Top 10 List of what a girl on the run would need to survive. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to enter a giveaway for one of four signed copies of STUNG and some delicious honey sticks (which will make total sense once you've read the book. The second I finished the book I ran out and started stocking up on honey lol).
Without further ado:
Necessities for a Girl On the Run
These are not only for a girl on the run, but a girl on the run who lives in the world of STUNG.
1. A gun. If you can't protect yourself and your food, you're dead.
2. Ammunition. For the previously mentioned gun.
3. A source of food--something easy to carry--like calorie tablets or dehydrated food.
4. A water purifier.
5. A Swiss army knife.
6. Knowledge. You've got to know what you're running from, where you're going, and how to beat the crap out of anyone or anything standing between you and your destination.
7. (Optional but highly recommended) A hot guy to watch your back, make out with on occasion, cuddle with on cold nights, and risk his life for you if need be.
8. Good shoes. If your feet hurt and you can't run, you're screwed.
9. A boy's haircut. Just trust me on this one. Or read STUNG.
10. A tooth brush and tooth paste, especially if you opt for the hot guy (see #7).
( :D great list! And I'd definitely recommend opting for the hot guy - especially if he's Bowen!)
About the Author
Bethany Wiggins has always been an avid reader, but not an avid writer. She failed ninth grade English because she read novels instead of doing her homework. In high school, she sat alone at lunch and read massive hardback fantasy novels (Tad Williams and Robert Jordan anyone?). It wasn't until the end of her senior year that the other students realized she was reading fiction--not the Bible. Once upon a time, Bethany's sister dared her to start writing an hour a day until she completed a novel. Bethany wrote a seven-hundred page fantasy novel that she wisely let no one read--but it taught her how to write. She is the author of SHIFTING, STUNG (April 2013), and CURED (2014).
Website | Twitter | Goodreads
There is no cure for being stung.
Fiona doesn’t remember going to sleep. But when she opens her eyes, she discovers her entire world has been altered—her house is abandoned and broken, and the entire neighborhood is barren and dead. Even stranger is the tattoo on her right hand—a black oval with five marks on either side—that she doesn’t remember getting but somehow knows she must cover at any cost. She’s right.
Those bearing the tattoo have turned into mindless, violent beasts that roam the streets and sewers, preying upon the unbranded while a select few live protected inside a fortress-like wall, their lives devoted to rebuilding society and killing all who bear the mark.
Now Fiona has awakened branded, alone—and on the wrong side of the wall.
Goodreads | Barnes and Noble | Amazon | The Book Depository | IndieBound
a Rafflecopter giveaway