CONTEST CLOSED! Thanks to all who participated :)
Good morning, Writers!
You know what I love about writers? They can just fork over a one-sentence pitch just like that.
No? Well, in that case, check out Nathan Bransford's one-line pitch talk.
Now all you need is a polished children's manuscript, either picture book, middle grade, or young adult. Oh, you have one? Perfect!
Go forth and enter (in the comments)!
Here is what our fabulous MA is on the lookout for:
Specifically, our MA is seeking the following:
For MG and YA: currently seeking mysteries, historical, or contemporary with mystery elements
For PB: seeking manuscripts that have a voice, aka an author who is putting forward a sense of place, personality, and storytelling. Voice, voice, voice!
This contest is open to veterans and newbies alike - so long as you have a complete and query-ready manuscript on your hands within the genres of interest, our guest agent would love to hear from you.
Contest goes live 9 AM central time and remains open until all entry spots are filled. The first 50 entries we receive will go on to our MA. Remember, this is a one-sentence pitch. Cheating with grammar doesn't count. Meaning that you can't have 3 sentences with commas between them. The sentence needs to work.
The official contest rules:
1) Entries must be one-line pitches. The length of the pitch is up to you, but remember, it's only one sentence.
2) Entries must be for completed manuscripts. No NaNo projects, and no unfinished drafts, please!
3) Entries must be left in the comments section of today's post (please don't email us your entries!). We'll close the contest once we've reached our limit.
4) You can only enter once today (only one project). If you participated or won previous MA contests, you can enter this one as well!
4) Please include TITLE and GENRE, followed by your one-line pitch.
5) The contest will close when we receive 50 entries.
6) The winner will receive a FULL manuscript request!
7) If the rules aren't followed, your entry will be disqualified.
That's it! Now go and submit that awesome one-line pitch!!
Good luck to everyone! (It is lucky shamrock season.)
|Artist at deviant art|