Welcome to the Operation Awesome #TackleTBR Challenge!
You have you CHOICE of challenges!
Challenge A- Comment about the best debut author book you've ever read. Every author had that 'first book' published at some point. Tell us which was your favorite, why, and if you've read other books by the author since then.
Challenge B- OA and Wishful Endings both love owls. Our Operation Awesome owl mascot, Oliver, wants you to find books with owls! Comment with information about an important owl character in a book. Be sure to include the book title and author.
Challenge C- OA and Wishful Endings both love owls. Our Operation Awesome owl mascot, Oliver, wants you to find books with owls! Publicly post an image* of a book cover that has an owl on it. You can use Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, your own blog, etc. Be sure to hashtag the image with #OperationAwesomeOwls #TackleTBR for credit. *Do NOT violate copyright laws while doing this.
THE PRIZESChoose between:
- A query critique from two members of the OA team.
- A weekend guest post on the OA blog. (*Post must fit our theme of books, writing, publishing, or other such literary interests. Available dates begin in October.)
- Owl magnetic bookmarks.
HOW TO ENTERComment on this post with the following information:
- For Challenge A, simply leave your answers.
- For Challenge B, comment with information about an important owl character in a book, the name of the book, and the name of the author.
- For Challenge C, comment with a link to your "owl on a book cover" image hashtagged #OperationAwesomeOwls #TackleTBR
- Either way, include in your comment a (typed out) email to reach you!
- AND include which of the three prizes you want to win. PICK ONLY ONE.
CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED
Contest is one day only-- September 18, 2016.
I choose Errol, an owl from the Harry Potter series. He was a Great Grey Owl that resembled a molting feather duster. His loyalty was to the Weasley family in the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling. Errol provided comic relief and small stumbling blocks for the other characters.
"That bloody bird's a menace!" —Ron Weasley
Email: OperationAwesome6 AT gmail DOT com
I want to win the Owl magnetic bookmarks, please.
Email: Handle AT provider DOT com