Friday, March 3, 2017

Keep Dreaming

I was reminded this week of how quickly our dreams can come true. My oldest critique partner will be talking with an agent today, and will quite possibly come away with an offer of representation! Just the day before she told me the news, I'd emailed her asking how querying was going.

It was the usual: one request amid rejections, and silence on the others, so far. And then! An email!

I don't know about you, but when you dream of something for a long time, it starts to feel like it's always going to be just out of reach, and you'll always be grasping for it. But sometimes when you least expect it, it happens.

So keep dreaming & believing, OA'ers! You never know what might be just around the corner.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Always such good advice, Leandra! Congratulations to your critique partner.

Leandra Wallace said...

Thank you! And she's already on submission too- this agent works fast, lol!