Monday, July 6, 2020

Critique Partners


Last week I posted that my 2020 goal was to begin querying my MG manuscript this year, hopefully September or maybe October.  Last year I sent my manuscript to Round-2 critique partners.  Yesterday I sent it out to Round-3 of critique partners.  Yes, it's been several years in the making, but it's finally nearing completion [she says, while looking at her folder of document names like “final”, “final final”, “final v3”, and “OMG this better be the final”, etc].  I need a sensitivity reader [more on that next week], but then it will be “final for submission!”

How do we writers find critique partners?  I found mine in several places – (1) fellow commenters on certain blogs I frequent, (2) referrals from those people, and (3) people I know with willing MG-age kids.

Articles on finding a critique partner

Submittable

Helping Writers Become Authors

Writers Helping Writers

Writers in the Storm

Jane Friedman

The Write Practice

Darling Axe


Sites that link to places where you can find a critique partner

The Write Life

Reedsy



No comments: