Monday, July 27, 2020

We're having fun with horror - Stephen King

We're still mostly shut down here in SoCal.  How is everyone else handling this pandemic?

To fight the frustration and uncertainty, here at Operation Awesome we're looking at horror novels.  Last week, we considered the master – Edgar Allan Poe.  This week, let's consider the current master – Stephen King.
Stephen King [like you didn't already know that]
I tried to read Mr. Mercedes recently, but couldn't get past the first few chapters.  It's crime, not even technically horror, but the tension level was through the roof and too much for me.  I've seen the movie Carrie but I haven't read the book.  Other than those two, I haven't read any of King's books or seen any of the movies.  I'm too much of a wimp LOL

Which of these King novels have you read?  Which one or ones were the best?  You can define "best" however you want – scariest, most terrifying, most memorable, couldn't put it down, however you define it.  Below are just a few of the 80+ novels and short stories he's written.  Which did you think was the best?

Carrie
Christine
Cujo
Firestarter
It
Misery
Pet Sematary
Salem's Lot
The Shining
The Stand

1 comment:

Dena Pawling said...

The following comment was misdirected and sent to us by email:

I'm too much of a wimp to read Stephen King novels! I tried reading a few, but only made it through the first few chapters before the goose bumps got to me. I did, however, enjoy watching The Langoliers on TV. The story was imaginable and palatable!