Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan

Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author posted by @JLenniDorner of @OpAwesome6


The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness by Aimee L. Morgan


1- What is your favorite quote?

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Victor Frankl

2- Would you please, in 160 characters or less, give a #WriteTip ?

Write 1-3 pages of stream of consciousness daily. It tills the soil of your creative essence. You might be surprised what surfaces during … and afterward.

3- What is the best piece of writing advice you've received?

Write daily. Make it a habit. If you want to be a pro soccer player, you practice daily. If you want to be a pro writer, you write daily. Simple as that.

4- What is mindfulness and why is it important to practice it?

To me mindfulness is paying attention to what’s going on inside (thoughts, emotions, body sensations) and around me (surroundings, weather, sights and sounds). I find that practicing mindfulness regularly helps me be a more present human in my day-to-day engagements – both simple and profound.

5- Would you share a picture with us of your book with a delicious meal?

Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan


6- November 3 was the US Presidential election. Any calming tips for people still stressed out by that event?

Like many other events during 2020, the U.S. Presidential election has been full of emotions. If you find yourself still stressed by the elections (and, let’s be honest, #2020), try sitting quietly for a while—I find even three to five minutes can be amazing. Just notice what thoughts are running through your head. Don’t try to chase them down and belabor them, just notice them floating by like thought bubbles. Remember to breathe deeply. Sometimes just by noticing our emotions we can feel more calm through the simple act of acknowledging what’s going through our minds.

7- What's your Twitter handle, and do you have two or three writer friends on there to shout-out to for #WriterWednesday ?

My Twitter handle is @theaimeemorgan I enjoy @thecreativepenn . While she’s not a personal friend (yet!), I appreciate her significant body of helpful work in regard to writing and publishing.

8- Do you have a favorite #bookstagram image or account/ profile?

My Instagram handle is @theaimeemorgan I love me some @brenebrown . I consider her my wise adopted auntie.

9- What most motivates you to read a new book?

I’m motivated to read a book if it promises to bring me along for a multi-faceted adventure. Or if it will enrich my life through equipping me with valuable lessons or inspiring my creativity.

10- It's our tenth anniversary! How far has your writing come in the past ten years and where do you see your writing career ten years from now?

Kudos!

My writing has come quite a ways. I’ve become more brave in my writing (like publishing my first book!) Writing has been a sacred, personal practice for me my whole life, so publishing was a very vulnerable thing for me to do, and something I’m glad I did. In ten years I see myself with several books, journals, workbooks and more available. And an amazing circle of readers and writer friends along for the journey.

11- What is your favorite book by someone else, and what do you love most about that book? #FridayReads book recommendation time!

Author name: Samantha Hunt samanthahunt.net
Title: The Seas
Love because: This book cast a magical spell on me. It lulled me with its language and engrossed me with its story of being drawn back in—again and again—to the sea, which takes so many forms. Plus, the hardcover is absolutely one of the most gorgeous books I’ve ever owned.


12- What emotions do you hope your book will evoke for the reader?

Ultimately I hope my book evokes the emotions my readers want to feel. As an author I hope my writing evokes inspiration, joyfulness, curiosity, surprise and encouragement.
Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan


13- What kind of impact do you hope your book will have?

I hope my book, “The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness” will have a positive impact on my readers by providing an opportunity to see how normal people learn about and are enriched by mindful activities. I hope this inspires my readers to try mindful practices on their own—or through my six-week mindfulness guide, available for free with the purchase of “The Chaos Antidote”.

14- What is the best writing tool, program, or reference book you've ever bought?

“The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron. I believe it’s divinely inspired. I completed the 12-week program and it helped my creative process immensely.


15- In what ways are the main characters in your book diverse? diversebooks.org #WeNeedDiverseBooks

“The Chaos Antidote” features women of a variety of cultural and racial backgrounds, as well as various ages, careers and life views. Meghan is a married, middle-aged white woman freelance writing and raising twin girls. Simone is a single Black parent with a strong background in nonprofit leadership. Lucia is a young Hispanic engineer facing a health crisis. And their inspirational leader, Veda, is an older woman with a wellspring of wisdom. Their rich friendship—and diversity—gives life to the story and brings tears of joy to my eyes.

16- Who is your favorite book review blogger?

Sam Thomas Davies: https://samuelthomasdavies.com. He summarizes some of the best non-fiction books of all time. His work is crucial to a nonfiction/self-help junkie like me!

17- What was the deciding factor in your publication route?

I spent an incredible amount of time and energy making this decision. I met with a number of advisors, authors and publishing-related professionals. I attended AWP in Portland to weigh my publishing options. I then met with a large publisher about my book, “The Chaos Antidote”. He said this is exactly the type of book they were looking for. BUT I’d need to quit the company I founded in 2012, Good Aim Communications, and work full-time promoting my book. And I’d need to be OK with letting their editors direct my book; I’d be giving up my control of the story line, characters, etc.

As a long-time entrepreneur (and someone who comes from a long line of entrepreneurs), it didn’t sit well with me for this particular project. I decided I wanted to keep my company and direct my story. It’s be an incredibly enriching adventure—personally, creatively and professionally. I look forward to writing many more books!
Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan
Me recording my audiobook (coming soon!)


18- Which author, past or present, do you feel most resembles your work?

I look up to so many authors, as I’ve been super bookish since I was a young child. In “The Chaos Antidote” I channel my fable-writing skills, inspired by the likes of Paulo Coelho (“The Alchemist”) and Robin Sharma (“The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari”).

19- Would you please ask our audience a question to answer in the comments?

What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to know about mindfulness?

20- Anything else you would care to share about your book and yourself?

Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan
I’ve spent years studying, practicing and discussing the value of mindfulness, self-care and healthful ways of living. I truly believe in the transformative power of mindfulness, which I’ve experienced in my own life. I’m currently an MFA candidate at Butler University, studying creative writing. I live in Indianapolis with my husband, Jeff, and our two children. “The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness” is my first book.
I am the owner of Good Aim Communications—http://goodaimcommunications.com—a strategic marketing communications company that specializes in website development, content creation and digital marketing. I’ve spent over 15 years in the marketing field honing my craft.
My award-winning work includes a regional Emmy for a video ad series that I co-wrote, and a Public Relations Society of America Pinnacle Award for the Spirit & Place Festival marketing campaign.

Author website: http://aimeemorgan.com
Where to buy my book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Walmart
Operation Awesome #20Questions in #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Aimee L. Morgan

Facebook: https://facebook.com/theaimeemorgan
Instagram: https://instagram.com/theaimeemorgan/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/theaimeemorgan
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/showcase/theaimeemorgan/about/
Amazon profile: https://amazon.com/Aimee-L.-Morgan/e/B08BG6KN3Q
Goodreads: https://goodreads.com/author/show/20421531.Aimee_L_Morgan

"The Chaos Antidote" was a No. 1 new release in Health & Spirituality.
I'm also getting ready to publish "The Chaos Antidote Workbook", the six-week companion guide to "The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness". It's scheduled to be available on Amazon yet this month.


The Chaos Antidote: A Fable About Mindfulness by Aimee L. Morgan

No comments: