Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Week 3 of NaNo

Wow, it is day 17 of National Novel Writing Month (NaNo)! The word count total for today is 28,339 for the traditional 1,667 words a day.

I am shocked that I broke my record of 50,000 words in 11 days. My previous record was 12 days. I still have some scenes to write to reach the end, and I'm already thinking about potential revisions.

This is the fun part of the writing process for me. My idea is working, I have more to write, and I have an idea of how I'm going to make my story better. But this does not happen often, so I treasure these moments. And I take notes so I can begin the revision process with my insight. I like to take a break after writing before editing because editing is a different headspace for me.

What is your favorote part of the process? Generating ideas for characters and plots? Developing new worlds? Writing? Editing?

So if you are stuck or searching for the lightbulb of inspiration, think of how you can incorporate your favorite part of the writing process into your next writing session.

There are still 13 days left in the challenge. Every word is one more than you had in October, each one a victory. 

Save your work and back it up. How are you doing with your NaNo goals? What is your favorite part of the writing process?

 

Happy writing!

No comments: