Tuesday, November 2, 2021

NaNo Tip of the Week--Week 1 of NaNo 2021

 

Welcome to week 1 of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)!

The goal for today is 3,334 words for those working toward 1,667 words every day. For Reverse NaNo, the goal is 6,562 words today. 




How is NaNo going?

I had a good first day, and I was able to participate in several sprints on Discord with my region and attend a write in before work. 

The tip this week is to stop writing in the middle of a scene or even the middle of a sentence! 

This is helpful because when you return to write the next time, you can pick up and continue the scene or sentence. Otherwise, I tend to stare at my cursor for 5 minutes. It is easier to keep the baton moving to the next person instead of starting out cold. Think of this as a stretch and beginning the writing workout with a leg up.

How do you decide to stop writing for the day?


No comments: