Tuesday, November 9, 2021

NaNo Tip of the Week--Week 2 of NaNo 2021

Welcome to week 2 of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)!

The goal for today is 1,667 words with a total of 16,670 words. How is your NaNo going so far?

I am on track for the traditional word count goal, but I am terribly behind on my double NaNo goal of a Reverse NaNo doubled word counts each day to reach 100,000 words in 30 days. I had a great first half of week one, then I had to do more for work than usual. Now I am playing catch up, just focusing on writing words and not letting the number of words I am behind drive me into panic mode.

Are you panicking? Is the outline not going to plan? Are characters are flat or uncooperative? Got dishes in the sink and no oomph to clean them? Such a typical week two.

Take a deep breath.

In. Hold. Out. Repeat.

Listen to a favorite song. 

You got this. Keep writing! Each word is one more than what you had before.











No comments: