Tuesday, November 22, 2022

NaNo Tip of the Week--Week 4 of NaNo 2022

  

Welcome to week 4 of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Today I will focus on what to do when something comes up and you're not currently making your goals. The goal for today is 1,667 words for the day with a total of 36,674, words. For Reverse NaNo folks, the daily goal is 1,840 words for the day with a total of 46,774 words.

I'm kinda bummed that my grand plans for doing 100K in 30 days will not occur this month.

  • Getting sick. 
  • Traveling for work. 
  • Changing work schedule. 
  • Finding beetle larvae in the kitchen. 

Regardless of the circumstances that hindered me from writing my double Reverse NaNo goals, I have been able to keep up with the minimum 1,667 words per day. 

So, I made the decision to keep writing this month and finish out NaNo with 50K. Perhaps with December rolling around, I can attempt my 100K then with the handy dandy goal tracker on the NaNo site.


The most important thing though is to not be hard on yourself. It was rather pressing to clean my kitchen and do what I can to remove beetle larvae so I can actually eat. They say self-care a lot these days. 

Tips for when you're not meeting your goals:

  1. State your goal.
  2. What progress have you made?
    1. Spend time on this step.
    2. How have you celebrated your success?
    3. Remind yourself of why this is your goal in the first place.
  3. What barriers have you encountered?
    1. Is there a pattern with any barriers?
    2. How can you address the barriers right now?
    3. How can you address barriers next time?
  4. Celebrate the progress you have made!
  5. Adapt your new goal, and/or create a new goal.

What are you planning to do this week to work toward your NaNo goal?

No comments: