Wednesday, April 12, 2023

#AtoZChallenge J is for Jayden R. Vincente


Operation Awesome 2023 #AtoZChallenge theme is interviews of established authors

#AtoZChallenge 2023 letter J

Jayden R. Vincente



1- What is your favorite book and why is it your favorite?

A favorite book is so hard to pick, but I think it has to be The Midnight Circus by Erin Morgenstern. I finished it and immediately went back to the beginning and started again. It’s a beautifully crafted story with magic and mystery.

2- In what category/genre do you write? Why?

I write erotic fiction. I tried writing just romance or mystery, but my characters directed my stories, and they always ended up kinky, so I stopped trying to fight it.

3- What part of one of your stories was the most fun to write? The most challenging? (And which book/s are those in?)

The most fun and most challenging thing to write was my choose your own adventure. I often wrestled with making decisions for my characters and I thought a choose your own adventure would be cool because then I’d get to write all the possibilities. It was born from an idea for the A to Z Blog Challenge. I wanted to have my readers pick the choices, but there was no way I could write it on the fly, so I decided to write the whole thing ahead of time. That means every path has to have 26 alphabetical choices. I not only managed to do it, but I managed to format and self-publish the whole novel by the end of that April. I put every chapter on a note card and made a crazy outline. It was a super challenge, but super fun. I’d love to do it again.

 

 From this




  To this!

4- Would you please, in 160 characters (not words) or less, give a #WriteTip?

Don’t give up. If you’re bored with your story, make something interesting happen, but don’t give up.

5- How would you define the difference between erotica and romance to someone new to the genre?

Romance can/will have some steamy content, but erotica definitely has explicit content.

6- What do you love and hate most about being a published author?

I hate that I write in a genre that I can’t be public about in my personal life. My mom certainly doesn’t want to hear about my erotic fiction! But I love when people appreciate my writing. I love being able to share that with the world.

7- Do you publish traditional, self, hybrid, other? Why?

I self-publish, mostly because traditional publishing (even erotic-friendly publishing) wants specific things. It’s fair, for marketing reasons, that they want topics and genres they think they can market. Self-publishing gives me the freedom to do whatever I want, write what kinks and characters I want.

8- What question are you dying to answer (about your writing, life, or even a fun fact)? What's the question and then answer.

How did you end up bringing on a co-blogger?

I met Richard in 2019 as part of my local writing group. We became friends in 2020. Then we started dating. I asked him to come onto the blog as a co-blogger when I was trying to write 1,000,000 words. And now… we’re married! Richard is an amazing writer, and I enjoy writing alongside him.



9- Would you please ask our audience an intriguing question to answer in the comments?

I live my secret author life with my kinky novels. What would your friends or family be surprised to learn about you?

10-Which book would you suggest readers start with?

Almost all of my books are standalone, though I do have a two-book series. I think it depends on your interests. In short:

Read Runaway if you want light kink and a choose your own adventure.

Read Exploration if you want kink in a dystopian society (then you can read Book 2: Exploring Limits)

Read Y is for Yes if you want a light, fun, and kinky adventure.

All of my books are linked on my website for Nook, Kindle, and on Smashwords: https://jrvincente.com/2018/11/25/welcome/ 

 

If you can't wait to check out Jayden's work

Exploration: An Erotic Novel on Smashwords is set your own price!

 

Thanks Jayden! It was so much fun getting to know more about you and your work! A Choose Your Own Adventure novel sounds crazy ambitious and I am jealous of your organizational skills. I look forward to checking out Exploration: An Erotic Novel.

 



#AtoZChallenge 2023
Please check out the April Blogging from A to Z Challenge
#AtoZChallenge 2023
a-to-zchallenge.com

2 comments:

Jemima Pett said...

Lovely to hear from Jayden (and R). I apologise for keeping away from your blog (think of me as your mum!).
I'm not ure I have a secret author life any more... it's all out there for everyone to see!

Jemima

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Characters are awesome when they decide what direction their stories should go :-) I'm like Jemima for steering clear from your blog...

Ronel visiting for J:
My Languishing TBR: J
Jolly Leprechauns