CLOSED!!! Thanks and good luck! :)
Huzzah!! April Mystery Agent Contest has arrived!!
Our mystery agent is looking for the following:
I'm looking for YA of all types, story-driven (as opposed to "lesson"-driven) middle grade. I'm also looking for a range of commercial adult fiction.
As far as commercial adult fiction, I would say it covers anything on the commercial end of the spectrum, as opposed to literary fiction. Our agent didn't specify, so if in doubt, enter anyway. :)
Here are the official rules. Please follow them carefully if you wish to stay in the contest. We've disqualified people in the past; don't let it happen to you!
1) Entries must be left in the comments section of this post (please don't email/Tweet entries to us. You won't be entered into the contest if you do).
2) Your manuscript must be completed and ready to send upon request.
3) You can only enter once today (only one project). If you participated in previous MA contests, you may enter this one as well.
4) Please include TITLE and GENRE along with your first 200 words.
Genre: YA Fantasy
Title: The Best Novel E-ver!
Blah blah blah blah--my 200 words here.....
5) Your pitch must be up to 200 words, but not over. Please end at a sentence break, not in middle of a sentence. And yes, 201 words will disqualify you, no matter how compelling your words are.
6) This will be your FIRST 200 words, not some random bit in the middle of your mansucript. You don't need to include "Chapter 1" as we will already know it is the beginning.
7) The contest will close once we receive 50 entries.
8) The winner will receive a partial manuscript request! The specific number of pages will be revealed along with our Mystery Agent.
Go forth and enter-ith your opening pages, my blogging friends!! Best of luck to all who enter!!
And may the odds be ever in your favor.