- Stepping off a step that's an inch higher than you expected.
- Buying a new shiny something that somehow makes your life feel complete.
- Finding out your husband/wife didn't finish off the last of the ice cream and there are maraschino cherries to boot!
- The night before summer camp when your bags are packed and now you just have to anticipate.
- Walking into a really cool natural rock cavity (aka cave), and realizing it might actually be somebody's home...
- Starting a new recipe that got amazing reviews.
You can guess what is on my mind. Food, shopping, and a shiny new idea. So basically the usual. :)
For me, the start of a new project is both scary and exciting. I'm giddy about the prospects, but worried I'll mess it up or get lost in the woods somewhere.
You're all writers! What brilliant metaphor can you add to my silly list above?
Starting a new writing project is like...
Take the wheel, blog buddies!