Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A Furry Tuesday Museday

Do your characters have pets?
A relationship with a pet can show hidden facets of a character's personality, because a person might act differently around their pet than around other humans (or aliens, or whatever fits your story). Maybe a reticent character uses their pet as a sounding board. Maybe a seemingly kind character mistreats or ignores their pets. There are many ways you can use a pet or animal to strengthen character development.



This month is CampNaNoWriMo, so most of my free time will be going there. I am offering up critiques of Twitter pitches ONLY this week. If you'd like fresh eyes on your Twitter pitch for upcoming pitch parties (like #DVpit), please let me know in the comments. I'll select a few for critiques.

3 comments:

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Is that your pet polar bear, Kara????

Kara Reynolds said...

Heh--this photo WAS taken in Alaska! But it's just a Husky/German Shepherd mix poochie.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Love this post. Yes, my main character has a pet. And the other sort of thinks she does for a few days. Ha ha.
Afraid I don't have a Twitter pitch. I deleted all of them.