Saturday, April 8, 2017

G is for Good Books #AtoZChallenge

The #AtoZChallenge 2017 Theme at Operation Awesome is the Publishing Journey.


Here's a list of Good books I've read lately!

The second in the Charlotte Holmes series. I've been practically salivating waiting for this book to come. It did not disappoint, and I can't wait for the third one! You need this series in your life.
I loved the movie, and decided to read the book while waiting to buy the DVD. If you also enjoyed the movie, I'd highly recommend the book.










This series continues to be excellent. Can't wait to read the next one!






I haven't seen the movie, but after reading the book I sure want to. I'm not sure I have the adequate words for the admiration I have for the women featured in this book. On top of that, it's so meticulously researched that anything Margot Shetterly writes will automatically get put on my TBR list. Highly recommend.







I enjoyed the lush fantasy world, and trying to figure out the mystery along with the main character. And man, is that cover gorgeous!










 I love the reality show Laura came up with for this book--if it were a real show, I would definitely watch it! This is a fun romance with a great cast of characters.

One of the most hyped YA books of this year, and believe me, it lives up to the hype. Highly recommend for teens and anyone who wants to broaden their viewpoints.










What books have you read and enjoyed lately?


#AtoZchallenge 2017 Operation Awesome G is for Good Books

22 comments:

Ash said...

Thank you extending my reading list..G for Good books rock:)

Unknown said...

Good books...good company forever! Was reading last of the Shiva Trilogy by Aamish, almost six months although!
Would sure take up something from your list!
----------------------
Team MocktailMommies
Collage Of Life

Jz said...

Alrighty, I've copied this list down, for sure.
Thank you, fellow reader!

Susanne Matthews said...

I used to read a lot more than I do now--probably because most of my time is spent writing. lol Thanks for visiting my blog.

Shawna Atteberry said...

Just what I needed more books on my to-ready list! ;) Some of the good ones I've read recently are David Morrell's John De Quincy trilogy, Douglas Adam's Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul, and I've just reread Elizabeth Kostova's The Historian.

Mail Adventures said...

I haven't read any of these, but Hidden Figures is on the wishlist.

Eva - Mail Adventures

Shari Elder said...

I've only seen the movies! Hidden Figures and Rogue 1 were excellent films. I have to read the books now. I've been on a Dennis Lehane kick. Mystic River (which I'm looking at when we get to J) is one emotional roller coaster with some of the best crafted characters I've read in a long time.

Shwetha Krish said...

Oh I loved the movie , Hidden figures .... should probably read the book too :)

shalz75 said...

I love this list Kara!! I love fantasy fiction and your reccos are matching with mine!! :-)


Theme: Peregrination Chronicles (travel)
G is for Grape Stomping in Bangalore #atozchallenge

Vinodini said...

I'm bookmarking this for my future reads. Thanks for giving a heads up. :)

Cheryl said...

I'm always (always!) looking for a good book. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm saving this list for my next trip to the library (or Amazon).

Karnika Kapoor said...

I should add them to my TBR. I haven't yet read a single one in this list.
Thanks For sharing :)
Best Wishes!

Beverley Baird said...

More great books to add to my TBR - haven't read any of them, altho I have a coupleo f these from the libraryto read now.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I've just read the Divergent trilogy - theres a new one due out. Just for once the movies have been almost as good as the novels and that's unusual! Reading is very subjective which is why I rarely take up recommendations. One man's meat etc!

Have a stroll on The Green, Amble Bay

Blikachuka said...

I liked the Hidden Figures movie. fairly slow paced, but nice, inspiring, and a bit of an eye opener at how recent the racism was happening

My A to Z:
Animaelia

Smita said...

Thanks for the list, will check out a couple of them atleast and increase my reading list.
Invite you to read my blog on social issue via a short story
https://smitasangle.wordpress.com/2017/04/09/c-is-for-cat-a-story-on-child-abuse-atozchallenge/

Emily in Ecuador said...

I want to read Hidden Figures before I see the movie. Thanks for the list!

Emily | AtoZ | My Life In Ecuador

Nick Wilford said...

Thanks for the tips! Quite a diverse bunch here.

Random Musings said...

I haven't read any of these - thanks for the recommendations!
Debbie

Anmol Rawat said...

I haven't read any of them, so thanks for mentioning them :)

John Davis Frain said...

I haven't read any of these as I've been concentrating on reading in my genre over the past couple years. Best two I've read over the last 12 months:
Lou Berney: Long and Faraway Gone
Tana French: The Secret Place

French's novel was a little disappointing in the middle where it felt like it was dragging a couple times, but the ending is SO worth it.

John Davis Frain said...

And I should have added: Thanks for asking. That was a fun post!