The #AtoZChallenge 2017 Theme at Operation Awesome is the Publishing Journey.
Greetings from J, the Debut Author Spotlight organizer here at Operation Awesome.
Today I have an A to Z list of why we love Debut Authors and you should, too!
- Authors are a big part of the A to Z Challenge. In 2016, writing was the most claimed category code.
- Blogging gives debut authors a chance to connect with their audience on a deeper level.
- Connecting and commenting is the bread& butter of successful debut authors.
- Debut authors have completed the biggest milestone in the publishing journey, which is awesome!
- Ever looking for a new book to read and review? Try a debut author!
- Friends and family alone are not enough— debut authors need new fans.
- Genres— all of them are welcome to the Spotlight. We love that the publishing world is full of variety.
- Heartthrobs, hipsters, humanitarians— we love having diversity among our debut authors.
- Intellectual discussions about books are the cornerstone of culture. Love that debut authors are keeping that alive.
- Just by reading a debut author's book, you could fall in love with the next Agatha Christie, Danielle Steel, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, John Grisham...
- Kindred book spirits are easier to find via the interviews. We love matching debut authors to new fans.
- Learn about our debut authors in just a few short minutes.
- Motivation to buy books is a topic each debut author is asked to discuss. We love finding out what generates sales NOW.
- New authors become favorite authors. That's really something to love.
- Only debut once! We love being part of that first experience.
- Publishing traditionally, small press, or self— all are loved here, so all are welcome to be interviewed.
- Quickly find books for the #DiversityBingo2017 card.
- Reviews are powerful! Show some love to a debut author. We love making a difference in this way.
- Social Media is a powerful tool for a debut author. We love watching them connect with their audience. Come make a new friend!
- Television and movies based on the works of debut authors have made billions. We love the potential! (Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind, Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones, Nicholas Sparks's The Notebook, Ed Conlons's Blue Blood, etc.)
- Utopia is a place where we never run out of new books to read. Love debut authors for keeping that dream alive.
- Variety is the spice of life. We love that debut authors bring that to the table.
- When you wonder what to read next, please check out the debut author spotlight.
- X-treme bookworms— there are bonus points for reviewing a book by one of our debut authors. Oliver's Nest Bookworm Challenge.
- Years ahead of other shippers if you fall in love with the book and author before "everyone else"!
- Zero owls were harmed in the writing of this blog post. We love owls almost as much as we love debut authors.