Monday, July 15, 2019

Let's talk more about horror books!

Our Pass Or Pages query contest for July just ended.  The genre this time was YA Horror.
Below are some YA and Adult horror books.

Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The Fear Street series by RL Stine

Beloved by Toni Morrison
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
The Shining by Stephen King
World War Z by Max Brooks
Slade House by David Mitchell

I write MG.  I read MG and cozy mystery.  I am NOT a fan of horror.  Nightmares aren't my thing.  But from the above list, I've read World War Z and Slade House.  I enjoyed World War Z and didn't think it was scary.
Zombie from Night of the Living Dead
Slade House, on the other hand, was REALLY creepy.  I'm not sorry I read it, because the way the author created a pervasive creepy and foreboding tone was awesome and very instructive, but I'm NOT interested in reading it again.  Yikes!
Abandoned and creepy house #1
Abandoned and creepy house #2
Abandoned and creepy house #3
Have you read any of these books?  Did you think they were scary or creepy?  Or is there one not listed here that you want to talk about?  Which abandoned and creepy house photo do you think is the most creepy?  Please leave a comment!



No comments: