Monday, August 17, 2020

More August horror

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Snow_Scene_at_Shipka_Pass_1.JPG
 
It's the horror of August!  Including the weather.  Ugh.  Over 100 degrees today, and most of CA is on fire.  Not fun.  But I put a nice cold photo here to cool us down.

We need some horror on the blog!  Here is another set of horror stories:

Intensity by Dean R. Koontz
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
'I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream' by Harlan Ellison
Goosebumps (Series) by R. L. Stine
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Slade House by David Mitchell
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

I've read several RL Stine books, plus Slade House [really creepy] and 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream' [yikes!].  If you actually LIKE horror, definitely read those two.

What about you?  Have you read any of these?  What did you think of them?


No comments: