Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Reading Goals for 2021


I am amazed at how much I read this year, over 100 books. I was not expecting to read very many books for fun because of my required reading for grad school. Since I have read many more books than I expected, I hope to finish the year strong with a couple more books before midnight on the 31st.

2020 Reading Highlights in no particular order:

  • Several by Jason Reynolds (so many good ones, it's hard to pick one)
  • Radical Compassion by Tara Brach
  • The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
  • Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
  • Rose Daughter by Robin McKinley
  • Sing for Your Life by Daniel Bergner
  • The Long Way to A Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
  • Hidden Valley Road by Robert Kolker
  • The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
  • Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
  • Faerie Tale by Raymond E. Feist
  • The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski
  • Nothing Was the Same by Kay Redfield Jamison
  • Trauma-Informed Treatment: The Restorative Approach by Patricia D. Wilcox
  • The Wounded Healer by David Sedgwick

Books I intend to reread:
  • How to Be An Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
  • White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
  • Black Fatigue: How Racism Erodes the Mind, Body, and Spirit by Mary Frances Winters
I shall set my 2021 reading goals to include the books I want to reread, as well as another reading of The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff. It is a book I have reread several times. 

What books do you intend to reread? What are your reading goals for 2021?

No comments: