Monday, August 30, 2021

Audio books

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Disha_-_Audio_Books_Recording.jpg
Recording an audio book

This week, let's look at audio books!  My commute to work is an hour each way, and I love listening to a good book while I negotiate the Los Angeles area freeway system.

Have you ever tried to read a physical book and couldn't get into it, but tried again with the audio book and loved it?  I've done this several times.  The most memorable was The Martian.  I only got through about 4 chapters in the physical book before I put it down.  I LOVED the audio book and laughed so much there was one occasion when I had to pull over to the side of the freeway because I was laughing so hard I couldn't see where I was going!

I write MG and I've noticed that there are more MG audio books than there ever were before.  Some are CD, others are Playaway.  But I can read both in my car.  This is great because it means I can read more.  It's hard for me to find the time to read print books lately.

14 websites to find free [legally free, not pirated] audio books online

Buzzfeed's 23 audio books that were really popular in 2020

Reedsy's 60 best audio books of all time

Audible's most popular books 1997-2017

[OMG - It by Stephen King is 45 hours long!]

I finished Dog Eat Dog by David Rosenfelt last week.  I love his Andy Carpenter series.  Have you read any good audio books lately?



1 comment:

Sherry Ellis said...

I have yet to listen to an audio book. I'll have to rectify that situation! Steven King's is a long one!