Monday, August 23, 2021

Random trivia #3 - the 25 most challenging books to read

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Final_Challenge_international_de_Paris_2013-01-26_193155.jpg

The 25 most challenging books you will ever read

I've only read one of these books all the way through - The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer.  And that's only because it was assigned in high school.  Now in the interest of full disclosure, I may have READ it all the way through, but I didn't understand more than maybe 20% of it, and today [many many many many (okay that's enough) years after high school], I remember approximately none of it.

Have you read any of these books all the way through?  If so, did you understand them?  Did you like them?  Did I just bring back memories you prefer to keep forgotten?



2 comments:

Kate Larkindale said...

I've read six of them. I loved One Thousand Days of Solitude and The Sound and The Fury. The others less.

J Lenni Dorner said...

I've read three of these. Meh.