Friday, August 6, 2021

Query Support Group: When we stall?

 


I think there is a lot of talk out there about the publication journey being a long road


Or a rocky one

But what happens when the road isn’t the problem? What happens when we just stall out?


I think this is where I have been/am/hope to escape from(???). I only started querying in small batches (8) and got anticipated rejections, but as I received them, I found it harder than expected to embrace the rejection process.

This wasn’t my first time in the trenches so what was the problem?

As much as we try to be immune to it rejection is never easy, but sometimes it is way harder to accept then others. Depending on what’s going on in your life you may not be in a place to smile through the rejection. And that’s okay.

Persistence and perseverance are important but recognizing that you may need some time to get yourself prepared or take a break are equally important. Right now, I need a moment to breathe and that’s okay. I haven’t given up, far from it. I’ve even enlisted help in refining my query but I am just not ready to pull the trigger on that second batch of queries yet.

 If you’re stalled, or faltering, or have some words of encouragement for those of us who are comment below or connect on Twitter using the #querysupportgroup tag or directly with me at @midlifecreative. I hope you all find yourselves on smooth fast roads into the sunset.

No comments: