Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Operation Awesome #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Sasha Olsen #ChildAuthor

Debut Author Spotlight from @JLenniDorner on @OpAwesome6

Legends from Mom's Closet by Sasha Olsen


Sasha Olsen is an author, environmental activist, ballroom dancer, bookworm, pianist, and enjoys anything artistic. Oh, and she's 10-years-old. Get ready to meet a legend in the making:

1- Who is your favorite legendary woman from the past?

Cleopatra because she was mischievous, and I am a little bit too. Especially, because I like to sneak in my mom’s closet!
Operation Awesome #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Sasha Olsen #ChildAuthor

2- What is the best piece of writing advice you've received?

The best piece of writing advice I’ve received is to not be repetitive!

3- What is your favorite joke?

Question: What’s a shark’s favorite candy?

Answer: A jaw breaker.

4- How can someone best help the ocean?

By having a sustainable life, so to best help the oceans, we should not use fast fashion or single-use plastics. We should remake clothes or wear the same thing and not be ashamed to re-wear our clothes!

5- Would you share a picture with us of your favorite vintage piece?
Vintage clothing ~ Operation Awesome #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Sasha Olsen

My favorite vintage piece is this dress of my mom’s that I wore to dress up as Kusama!

I also love these vintage toys that my dad gifted me. They’re super special!

6- What's your favorite piece to play on the piano?

My favorite piece to play on the piano is called Comedian’s Dance by Dmitri Kabalevsk!

7- What is your favorite book by someone else, what's the author's Twitter handle, and what do you love most about that book? #FridayReads book recommendation time!

Author name: Louis Sachar Title: Holes
Love because: The characters in the story are so brave!


8- What kind of impact do you hope your book will have?

I hope my book inspires other kids to get creative and come up with their very own unique projects! I want it to make them feel like they can do anything and that nothing should stop them from chasing their dreams.
Operation Awesome #2020 of #NewBook Debut Author Sasha Olsen #ChildAuthor

9- Would you please ask our audience a question to answer in the comments?

Who’s your favorite legend and what’s something special you’d need to dress up as them?

10- Anything else you would care to share about your book and yourself?

I continue my project on my social media! You can see me dressed up as many more legends on my Instagram and Facebook @legendsfrommomscloset. I also post videos about both of my projects on my YouTube channel: Sasha Olsen.

Bio:

Sasha Olsen is a 10-year-old author, environmental activist, ballroom dancer, bookworm, pianist, and enjoys anything artistic. She always finds new hobbies and things to do, which usually ends up in her trying to juggle everything. She lives with her family in Bal Harbour, Florida, where she also spearheads the conservation movement “I Want My Ocean Back.” Legends from Mom’s Closet is her first book.
Author’s Website: https://www.legendsfrommomscloset.com
Author’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/legendsfrommomscloset
Author’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/legendsfrommomscloset



Legends from Mom's Closet by Sasha Olsen

2 comments:

Dena Pawling said...

Your website is really creative and I liked the book HOLES too!

I wish you much success with your writing career. I predict you'll go far.

Kate Larkindale said...

All the best for your future career. Keep it up and you'll rule the world one day.