Friday, December 30, 2022

Query Friday and New Year's Resolutions for 2023

 Downtown New Year's Eve - Owensboro Living

It may have something to do with my love of lists but they New Year always feels like a time of opportunity.

This year I have a ton of things I want to happen in the New Year but in terms of resolutions I'm going to stick with what is actionable.

1) Writing: To write and completely revise and edit two new novels.

I feel like this is a doable goal for me and pretty much the speed I'd like to be running once I'm published so... just putting that out into the universe.

2) Read at least three books a month.

I'm a huge reader but I tend to pause when actively drafting. Hopefully I can keep momentum. I don't think 36 books is outlandish goal wise.

3) Attend two writer's conferences. At least one in person.

I always enjoy being surrounded by like minded people and think conferences are a great way to learn and grow, and meet new friends.

4) Have my own personal writing retreat.

Run away from home for a long weekend and do nothing but write? Yes, please.

5) And coming back for another year is to make more friends in the writing community. 

I've been more active on Twitter lately, and am following for signs of impending implosion but I am happy to connect there, I'm @MidlifeCreative, here, or anywhere else.  

Here's to a year of amazing writing and success for all of us!

~B

No comments: