CONTEST IS CLOSED!
If you missed this month's contest, another is coming August 1! Like us on Facebook, follow the blog, or follow us individually so you won't miss the announcement.
Don't forget to come back for the Mystery Agent and winner reveal!
It's time for our July Mystery Agent contest with a twist -- FIRST LINES!
Here's a quick reminder of what our awesome Mystery Agent is looking for:
Middle grade and YA novels, especially contemporary, historical, fantasy, and reinvented fairy tale.
1) Entries must be left in the comments section of today's post (please
don't email us your entries!) -- don't pay attention to the comment
numbers. We'll close the contest when we've reached our limit.
2) You must have a completed manuscript that's ready to send upon request.
3) You can only enter once today (only one project). If you participated
or won previous MA contests, you can enter this one as well.
4) Please include TITLE and GENRE along with your first line.
5) Include your FIRST SENTENCE. The exact word count is up to you, but please remember to make it sing!
6) The contest will close when we receive 50 entries.
7) The winner will receive a FULL manuscript request! The Mystery Agent will request 10 pages and query from THREE RUNNERS UP.
8) If the rules aren't followed, your entry will be disqualified. Please read the guidelines and follow them.
Good luck to all who enter!