|Let the countdown to May's Mystery Agent contest begin...|
Five days from now...
On May 1st, we'll host a Mystery Agent contest here for the following genres:
Adult/YA (no MG)
No romance or religious (category)
Especially looking for YA Horror and Mystery-- think creepy and dark.
This will be a one-sentence pitch contest. Winner gets a full manuscript request from the Mystery Agent.
Contest will go live 9 AM central time on May 1st, and remain open until all entry spots are filled. The first 50 entries we receive will go on to our MA. Remember, this is a one-sentence pitch. Cheating with grammar doesn't count. Meaning that you can't have 3 sentences with commas between them. The sentence needs to work.
The official contest rules:
1) Entries must be one-line pitches. The length of the pitch is up to you, but remember, it's only one sentence.
2) Entries must be for completed manuscripts. No unfinished drafts, please!
3) Entries must be left in the comments section of the May 1st post, not this one (please don't email us your entries!). We'll close the contest once we've reached our limit.
4) You can only enter once this month (only one project). If you participated or won previous MA contests, you can enter this one as well!
5) The contest will close when we receive 50 entries.
6) The winner will receive a FULL manuscript request!
7) If the rules aren't followed, your entry will be disqualified.
So spend some time the next five days shining up your manuscripts and/or pitches! And enjoy your weekend.