Thanks to all who entered and good luck!
Welcome to another Mystery Agent Contest! No April Fools allowed here--just some serious pitching for your book!
This month's mystery agent is looking for all genres of:
YA (Young Adult) Fiction
MG (Middle Grade) Fiction
And would specifically like to see:
- Grounded YA, especially serious or darker or twisty contemporary YA
- YA or MG fiction that touches on what it means to be a member of the LGBTQ today
- Fantastic MG with heart and humor and fast pacing.
- Mystery Agent is especially keen on MG at the moment, and loves stories about complicated family dynamics
Okay. Here are the official contest rules:
1) Entries must be one-line pitches. The length of the pitch is up to you, but remember, it's only one sentence.
2) Entries must be for completed and unpublished manuscripts. No NaNo projects, and no unfinished drafts, please!
3) Entries must be left in the comments section of today's post (please don't email us your entries!). We'll close the contest once we've reached our limit.
4) You can only enter once today (only one project). If you participated or won previous MA contests, you can enter this one as well!
4) Please include TITLE and GENRE, followed by your one-line pitch.
5) The contest will close when we receive 75 entries.
6) The winner will receive a FULL manuscript request!
7) If the rules aren't followed, your entry will be disqualified.
Your comment/entry should look like this:
So what are you waiting for? Polish those pitches and get those entries in!