Friday, October 27, 2017

Writing Slump Woes

I've been in such a writing slump lately. And it's not that I didn't want to write, it's just I'd been so busy with another creative endeavor, that when I did get two seconds to myself, I was too drained to find even one more drop of creative juice within me.

I decorated a wedding reception last weekend, so the month before that involved endless trips to various stores, buying supplies--and returning supplies, when the first idea I had for a theme just didn't pan out.

And before I was asked to decorate the reception, I had just started to pull apart my living room, so that I could paint it. Now that I'm done with the reception, I'm hoping that I can knock out the painting this weekend, and get everything back to normal, so that I can sit down and refocus on my story. Last night, I did manage to take one word--ONE WORD!--and move it to a different place in the same sentence. Now that's some forward momentum, lol!

Here's a pic from the photo booth that I did for the wedding, with my little guy posing. He kept telling me he was going to "kiss me and marry me". Sorry, kid, your dad got there first! ;)


Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: