Wednesday, April 6, 2022

#BookToFilm of Water for Elephants of Being by Sara Gruen #atozchallenge

 Water for Elephants is special to me because it was a NaNo novel.


I first watched the film and then read the book. I enjoyed both versions, though I strongly appreciate the film when I want a quick dose of the story. TW, there is some violence, sex, and animal abuse.

The novel is an easy read, following Jacob who is preparing to take his final exam at Cornell to become a vet when he receives news that both of his parents died in a car accident. He is unable to inherit the home and decides to jump onto a passing train. It is the train for the circus, and Jacob begins working odd jobs and eventually takes care of the animals. Jacob falls in love with Marlena, who is the wife of August. It is a romance story to a point, but really, it is a love story of the circus.

Overall I enjoyed both versions, and I don't really have a strong favorite.

Do you prefer the novel or the film? What is your favorite part of the circus?



#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge
Our usual posting schedule will resume in May. The next Pass or Pages is June/July. Thanks for visiting!
Operation Awesome 2022 normal posting schedule

No comments: