Thursday, February 27, 2014

Remembering Dr. Seuss

I just found out today that Dr. Seuss's birthday is coming up in two days. He would've been 110 years old on March 2nd. :)  I thought I'd commemorate him on the the blog.because Dr. Seuss will always hold a special place in my heart. One of his books (I think it was Yertle the Turtle) was the very first book I read on my own. I remember sitting on my living room couch and painstakingly going though the book, word by word. When I finished, I was so proud, displaying the book to my mom.

Now, as an adult, I have new memories. Sitting with my kids and listening to the cadence of Dr. Seuss as I read them books like, Cat in the Hat, or Green Eggs and Ham (my favorite to read out loud).

Today, I want to share a few of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes. Feel free to add to the list by including some of your own in the comments.

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss.


“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” 
― Dr. Seuss, I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!


“A person's a person, no matter how small.” 
― Dr. Seuss, Horton Hears a Who!


“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax


“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 
― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!


(I always think of this one when I am cleaning the house.)

“And this mess is so big 
And so deep and so tall, 
We cannot pick it up. 
There is no way at all!” 
― Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat


And if those weren't enough, here are some more. Thank you Dr. Seuss for a life of fun and rhymes.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun!! I LOVE Dr. Suess's work!!

Robyn Chausse said...

"You'd be surprised how many ways
I change on Different Colored Days"
..."But it all turns out all right, you see.
And I go back to being Me."
My Many Colored Days by Dr. Suess

Happy birthday Dr. Suess--thanks for helping us grow to be uniquely us!

Karen McCoy said...

A true hero, that man.