Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 2015 Mystery Editor Critique Forum - OPEN NOW!

Welcome back to the Mystery Editor critique portion of our contest! Those who wished to be included in the open forum are ready for your critiques.

Our rules are simple:
  • Be helpful.
  • Be relevant.
  • Be kind.
Thank you to all of you and to all our amazing entrants! Happy critting!

You can visit the entries in the tab under the OA blog banner: MA Critiques.

Just a little more info about the forum:
  • You DO NOT have to register to comment.
  • To comment on a pitch, just click Reply on the main post in the thread. It will bring up a comment box where you can enter your name and comment.
  •  To return to the full list, click February 2015 Mystery Editor in the top left corner of the forum.
Any questions? Leave in the comments below this post.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'd like to thank everyone for their time & comments & I know I've been slow in doing so - I've actually moved house so didn't have internet for over a week - plus the moving thing.
I'm over the moon that pretty much everyone liked the start and got a sense of the voice. I also appreciate the little things picked up; I can't tell you how many times I have re-read these pages (another reason BETA'S are awesome!) and missed the smallest of things.
I have literally Oscar Wilde'ed this MS 30+ times and still missed things!

As for the pitch, it's difficult to cast a 25-word pitch with everything you need to say so again your comments are greatly appreciated. My QL goes into more detail as I have 10-times that amount of words but your above comments have helped me improve an new version pitch - although I have to admit it runs over 25-words :)
Thanks again to all who have commented & who may yet comment & to the guys running Operation Awesome.