Friday, February 3, 2017

Author Crushes


Have you ever had a crush on a certain author? You love their work, you enjoy how they present themselves online, and follow avidly on Twitter, Instagram, etc., so as to get glimpses of their magical, intriguing lives.* You dissect their books, hoping to find what makes them so darn good.

I've got a few author crushes, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I use these crushes to help give me encouragement when I'm feeling down. They were once unagented/unbook-dealed** writers once upon a time, too. But they worked hard & believed and here they are today. That can be me--and you, as well.

No matter what path you choose for yourself and your work (self-publishing or traditional), it can be good to find yourself a crush. And what better time to do so than in the month of February! I do advise that you don't send them valentines or chocolates though. That could get weird... ;)


*I'm sure their lives aren't any more magical or intriguing than most. Except for when they're on the red carpet if they're so lucky for their book to be adapted to the silver screen. That seems pretty magical.

**Totally correct English! (cough)

No comments: