Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February Reading Roundup

Here's what I read in February:





I needed a book published before 1950 for my library's reading challenge, so I picked this one up. First of all, there is no postman, which was disappointing. Second of all, I'm glad "show don't tell" is a rule for writers now. Third of all, these are the two most unlikeable protagonists I've ever read, and I spent the whole book kind of hoping they'd get away with their crime, and kind of not. Plus, it's fairly racist.








Also for my library's reading challenge... I needed a book from NPR's Best Books of 2016 list. I'm glad I picked this one. It was raw, and real, and I'd highly recommend it to teens.









I liked it, but I wanted MORE Gilmore Girls!











 I love the original Star Wars novels (that sadly were de-canonized when The Force Awakens came out), so I thought I'd try one from the new canon. Sadly, this was a very boring book. I guess after watching Rogue One I didn't care enough about Jyn Erso's parents to enjoy an entire book about them.
This has a fascinating fantasy world. I don't typically like epic or high fantasy, but will make exceptions for unique world building. I can't wait for the next book in the series because I love this fantasy world so much!









Another great literary YA novel from Adam Silvera. Anything he writes automatically goes on my TBR list.










What books did you read and enjoy this month?

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is a chance you're qualified to receive a $500 Ikea Gift Card.