Thursday, August 11, 2022

#BookLover Thoughts Opinions and Experiences #NationalBookLoversDay

 Well, I'm a book lover.  Anyone who knows me knows this about me.  I'm always running off to the library or in a state of near panic because I might run out of things to read.

I prefer reading physical books to e-books, but having the Kindle app on my phone means that fear of running out of things to read, or being stuck waiting somewhere without a book has been alleviated somewhat.  

My favourite place to read is in the bath.  A nice hot bath with a cup of relaxing herbal tea and a good book is my idea of heaven.  Unfortunately I occasionally get too relaxed and fall asleep and that leads to the library getting some slightly fatter books back into their collection!  It's usually just a corner that dips into the water, so not too hard to dry out.  I've only had to buy the book a couple of times.  Unfortunately they're always the books I didn't enjoy so much so don't really want to own...  I guess that's why I fell asleep in the first place!

Where is your favourite place to read?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Actually my favorite place to read is on the end of the comfortably padded sofa. It has a button you can push to raise your feet, and I like a cup of tea or a glass of wine on the table next to me. I tried reading in the tub, many times, and it just never worked for me. And reading in bed? Always fell asleep right away.