Here's a quick reminder of what our fabulous Mystery Agent is looking for:
Any sub genre of YA, MG, and picture books. More specifically:
- Magical or inspiring MG in the vein of Savvy, The Tales of Despereaux, or Where the Mountain Meets the Moon
- Smart MG action/adventure novels, either high-concept fiction or re-imaginings of existing mythology (think Rick Riordan)
- MG or YA that hints at secret societies, espionage, film noir or high-stakes international intrigue (contemporary or historical)
- MG mysteries or YA thrillers
- Contemporary YA with humor and emotional resonance similar to John Green or Matthew Quick
- Intense, challenging or even gritty YA
1) Entries must be left in the comments section of today's post (please don't email us your entries!) - don't pay attention to the comment numbers. We'll close the contest when we've reached our limit.
2) You must have a completed manuscript that's ready to send upon request.
3) You can only pitch once today (only one project). If you participated in previous MA contests, you can enter this one as well.
4) Please include TITLE and GENRE along with your pitch.
5) Your pitch must be one sentence long. The exact word count is up to you, but please remember: stick to the point!
6) The contest will close when we receive 50 entries.
7) The winner will receive a FULL manuscript request! Our Mystery Agent may or may not choose runners up as well, but it's totally up to them.
8) If the rules aren't followed, your pitch will be disqualified. Please read the guidelines and follow them.
Good luck to all who enter!