Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Revision Face

Revision is always something that tends to be personal. We all have our different techniques on getting it done. Some days we open the laptop, get the document open and do ALL the things.
 
Other days...
 
Yeah.

So I thought I'd share a bit about my revision technique. And, for the funny, I'm using awesome pictures from hyperbole and a half to demonstrate:
 
I may start my revision process like this:



But once I get into the swing of things:




I'm in my own little world. It's MY time. I lock myself in my bedroom like a teenage boy with a stash of... whatever teenage boys lock themselves in their rooms with these days. I only come up for air to either a) get a drink b) eat c) perform whatever cleanliness/hygiene related function is needed. I wield the red pen of doom/delete key on all who cross my path until stupid hours!





Sometimes I fall into my procrastination place:


 

Because there's always something fun happening on Twitter/the blogosphere/YouTube that I NEED to see. But I know this is no good for my MC (who I usually leave in some dire situation).



So I begin again:




And I repeat the cycle until all my pages are edited.

The I start round two.

So how do you edit? Got any fun revision tips/procrastination tools you'd like to share? :)

5 comments:

Toni Kerr said...

I'm currently procrastinating by reading/doing the Scrivener tutorial... I have NO idea how this jumped to the top of my to-do list. Grrrr.

SF said...

Hahaha yeaaaaah this looks pretty familiar. ;) The most consistent characteristic of my revisions is that I need to have a solid vision of what I want to accomplish before I start. Otherwise, things get very messy, very fast.

Meredith said...

This made me laugh out loud! At least I know I'm normal :)

Landra said...

I love those pictures and my process is a lot like that. There'a also some food breaks and the moments where little figure me's show up and go "Mom. Mom. Mom" until I respond. :)

Becky Mahoney said...

LOL! Oh, that process is far too familiar...