Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Stubborn Shall Conquer the Earth: Announcement

About a month ago, I posted about rejection and how I was grateful for the hard journey. If you haven't read my post, you can catch it here.

Well, ironically enough, exactly 1 week after I posted this blog entry, I received an offer of publication from Month 9 Books. 

Here is my Publisher's Marketplace listing.


In case you can't read it, it says:

Children's: Young Adult
Kristal Shaff's debut THE EMISSARY, in which a seventeen-year-old must defeat an ageless king and his powerful army in order to save their land from a cloud of darkness that threatens to destroy him, and those like him, who possess one of six deadly powers, to Courtney Koschel at Month9Books, in a two-book deal, for publication in December 2013 (World).

I want to send my OA ladies, and my writing friends, a BIG thanks. It's been a really long and difficult journey. It goes to prove that perseverance--and a dose of stubborn, hardheadedness--does pay off.



27 comments:

Andrea Mack said...

Exciting news! Congratulations!

mindthagap said...

Congratulations, well deserved after all the rejection you encountered. Good for you, your story inspires me to keep going. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Kristal! That's so awesome.

Laura Hughes, MittensMorgul said...

Congrats! And the tap-dancing owl is cute, too!

Write Life said...

Congratulations! Very, very happy for you!

Michelle McLean said...

LOL yeah I think this biz takes a degree of stubbornness to survive :D LOVE the dancing owl :D And congrats again!!!

JeffO said...

Big-time congratulations to you, Kristal!

Lyla said...

Congrats, Kristal! :D I love your title for this post and the animated images, by the way. :)

Landra said...

Congrats! Super excited for you and happy your journey has reached this point!
:D

E. Arroyo said...

Congrats!! And than you for sharing your journey with us. It is such an inspiration. =)

Heather Hawke said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Congratulations!! That's awesome!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats!!!

Angelica R. Jackson said...

Yaaaaaaaay Kristal! So happy for you and your book!

Kell Andrews said...

Hooray!!!! I love your dancing owl. Let the owls dance!

Carmen said...

YAY!!! WOOHOOOO! Congratulations, Kristal! I am so happy for you.

Heather RQ said...

Congratulations! What great news.

LinWash said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!

Kimberly Gabriel said...

Congrats! What wonderful news! I can't wait to read it!

Eliza Tilton said...

Grats!

Karen said...

Perseverance wins again!

Celia said...

Good job and congratulations :)

Amparo Ortiz said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Way to freakin' go, Kristal!!!!

*high fives*

Congrats!!! :D

I Write for Apples said...

Congratulations! So exciting. :)

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Yay!!! So excited to see the official announcement! I could not be more pleased for you. And I love the title of this post! You deserve this.

Becca Puglisi said...

Congrats Kristal! So excited for you :)

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! I run a book review group, and we'd love to review it for you. I promise only constructive criticism and positive notes. No mean people allowed:) It sounds like a great book. I can't wait to read it.