Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Mystery Agent Entry #1: DON'T OPEN THE MYSTICAL MAGICAL MOUK BOOK!

Title: DON'T OPEN THE MYSTICAL MAGICAL MOUK BOOK!
Genre: Picture Book
Word Count: 273

Logline: With you as the magician's assistant, the Mystical Magical Mouk will attempt the most spectacular trick known to humanity- becoming invisible!



Finally! I’ve been waiting for you. Why didn’t you open my book earlier? It says ‘Open the Mystical Magical Mouk Book’.

It doesn’t? What does it say?

Aaaah! I’ll have to fix that. You came at the perfect time.

I am about to perform the best magic in the world for I am the mystical, magical Mouk! You must have seen my show.

Gasp! You haven’t? Impossible! Everyone has seen my extraordinary magic. Well…everyone except you I guess.

Watch me disappear. That’s right! But first I need an assistant. Will you help me?

Fantastic! Wiggle your fingers. KABOOM! KABAM!

Tada! I’m invisible! What did you say?

I’m still here? Whoops! I forgot to use my wand. I’ll do magic this time. I PROMISE.

Wiggle those fingers AND your tongue as I say the magic words. KABOOM! KABAM!”

I’m invisible! AHHHHHHHH! My clothes-they’re gone! Close your eyes! Look away.

No, no, no! I didn’t say to go away. I said to look away. Come back! My magic does work. I forgot to wear my magic hat. I need you. All magicians need an assistant!

Yay! You’re still here. Wiggle your fingers and tongue and shake your body as fast as you can.

KABOOM! KABAaaaam!

(empty page with only the hat on the floor)

Tick, tick. Tick, tick (tapping coming from inside the hat)

Help! Over here!

Look inside the hat. I’m stuck. SAVE ME!

I don’t want to live in a hat! Do some magic!

(Reader does ‘magic’)

I’m BACK! Thank you for saving me. You are a mighty magician! How come you didn’t tell me?

Thank you for watching Kaboom Kabam!

What did you say? EEEEEK! My head! (Reader’s head is on Mouk’s body using a mirror or picture and Mouk’s head is flying away)

Got to go! Turn to the first page to give me my head back.

3 comments:

JEN Garrett said...

I love this one! I can see readers who like MONSTER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK, and fans of BLUES CLUES getting into this book. My only question is how do you pronounce Mouk? Does it indeed rhyme with 'book'? (that's how I pronounced it in my head.)

J Lenni Dorner said...

Very adorable.

Anonymous said...

What a fun interactive book! I can see little ones playing along as they read!Nicely done.