WOW!! Was that awesome, or what? I hope you all learned as much as I did. In case you are arriving late, here is a summary of our wonderful industry professionals who took part today. If you want to check, at any time, you can go to the NYRC 2013 tab in our menu.
January 4th, 2013:
- 9:00 A.M. Natalie Lakosil: Taking The Time To Get It Right
- 10:00 A.M. Amanda Bonilla: Revision Strategies
- 11:00 A.M. Kate Hart: The Query Letter: Revising With Feedback
- 12:00 P.M. Lisa Amowitz: Polishing The Beginning
- 1:00 P.M. Bethany Wiggins: Creating Unique Characters
- 2:00 P.M. Agent Q&A: Part I
- 4:00 P.M. Shelley Moore Thomas: Picture Book Revisions
- 5:00 P.M. Jennifer Nielsen: The Magic In Middle Grade: Remembering Your Audience During Revisions
- 6:00 P.M. Taylor Martindale: Owning the Process: Revising for or with an Agent
And remember, if you leave comments in each posts, it gives you a chance (1 each comment) for an $15.00 Amazon gift card prize at the end of the conference. So if you comment on each and every post, it increases your chance to win! Tell us your favorite post that you read today in the comments of this post, which will also be included in our Amazon card giveaway.
Come back tomorrow for another great line-up. And don't forget our Critique Partner Connection that is ongoing throughout the conference.
January 5th, 2013:
- 9:00 A.M. Christine Fonseca: Devil in the Details: Editing for Content
- 10:00 A.M. Phoebe North: Goal, Motivation, And Conflict
- 11:00 A.M. Cole Gibsen: Writing And Revising A Different Culture
- 12:00 P.M. Elana Johnson: Character Consistency: How To Keep Your Characters True To Themselves
- 1:00 P.M. Agent Q&A: Part II
- 2:00 P.M. Georgia McBride: Secondary Characters Who Sizzle
- 3:00 P.M. E. J. Patten: Believable Monsters: Cthulhu Ate My Mother, Or the Rise and Fall of Human-Flavored Nougat.
- 4:00 P.M. Erin Molta: Revisions From An Editor’s POV